Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Movie review: "Dylan Dog: Dead of Night"

I watched "Dylan Dog: Dead of Night" last week. The movie was so bad that I didn't finish it. Usually when the movie is bad I still watch it, but I was at friend's house and we started watching it quite late, so when I got sleepy I immediately left. They told me later that it didn't improve in second half.


It is a movie about a private detective Dylan Dog who also fights (or had fight) against monsters (vampires, zombies and werewolves). He is now in retirement (at least in case of supernatural cases), but after getting involved in case of finding a perpetrator of rich smuggler's murder, he will be forced to leave this retirement.

There are several things that bugged me about this movie. First, the beginning is the rip-off of "Constantine". I am talking about goofy sidekick who wants more responsibility (I actually though it was Shia LaBeouf, when I first saw him). Second thing was that the main character (played badly by Brandon Routh) looks like in his late twenties, but he keeps talking about his retirement and previous life as he had decades of experience fighting supernatural things.

And third thing was the most offending: monsters. Vampires, werewolves and zombies. Monsters from "Buffy" look as super-serious works of art comparing to these ones; they are on level of "Scooby-Doo".

I won't lose more of my time on this terrible movie, nor do I recommend you to lose yours on watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment