Saturday, January 9, 2010

Introduction

Hello to all!

On this blog I plan to write about books I read, anime and movies I watch. I don't watch TV shows or read manga often, but I will put that too, if I see something interesting.

Now about my references and preferences. I read mostly fantasy now, and prefer epic and high fantasy. My favorite author and series are Robert Jordan and Wheel of Time. Slightly behind them are George R. R. Martin with A Song of Ice and Fire, and Steven Erikson with Malazan Book of the Fallen. Then there are Joe Abercrombie with The First Law Trilogy, Glen Cook with Black Company, Scott Lynch, Brandon Sanderson, Guy Gavriel Kay...

Before, I've read science fiction much. I like Lois McMaster Bujold' Vorkosigan Saga, Dan Simmons' Hyperion Cantos and Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars trilogy. I've read Arthur C. Clark, Isaac Asimov and many others. I don't read SF much anymore simply because I don't have enough time. I don't mind historical novels once in a while, and I have read other genres as a kid.

My AniDB profile says I have watched 158 anime, in 3516 episodes and have wasted 60 days and 2 hours, so far. I don't have any specific taste here, except that I'm not a fan of mecha-anime. Some of my favorites are Monster, Lovely Complex, Hellsing, GTO, Berserk, Basilisk, Elfen Lied, Nana, School Rumble...

Watching anime is my second hobby, and I watch it when I don't have any books to read. I usually buy one book per month. Occasionally I do a re-read of particular series, especially when it was long ago that I got the previous part. Movies I watch irregularly and don't have specific genre that I like.

English is not my primary language, so there will probably be mistakes in grammar or expression. Feel free to correct me.

New posts will be made in no regular timetable. Posts will most probably include spoilers, so be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment